Groups we train
As roasters we roast award winning Karvan Coffee from the finest Arabica beans around the world. Each batch is screened, cupped and tested by our roasters and gradually refined to reflect seasonal changes that can occur. Consistency and quality are foremost in our mind.
As coffee machine suppliers we provide the latest Wega Coffee Machines for reliability and quality production of consistently excellent coffee.
We want the coffee that you serve in your cafe to be the very best it possibly can be, consistently, day after day and so we created our purpose built Training Room and Cupping Lab to enable us to teach you the latest best practice in espresso preparation. Our training is hands-on, practical and recipe based and our trainers have a wealth of hospitality experience to help with work flow, processes and café information.
Leaf Bean Machine feel that it is our job to keep up to date with the constantly changing specialty coffee information and to pass it on to our customers. Whether it is coffee theory, brewing techniques and devices, using a Refractometer, latte art or our Community Cupping night we are passionate about all things coffee and are here to help you.
Following on from Barista Basics course, our two hour latte art class will build upon your existing coffee preparation skills, teach you the art of milk texturing and take your latte art to the next level.
Participants will learn:
- Consistent milk texturing technique
- How to achieve perfect micro-foam every time
- Three basic Latte Art designs: heart, rosetta and tulip
- Master pouring techniques that achieve the correct amount of foam in each cup and finish them with a beautiful design
We recommend that students have previously completed our Barista Basics course prior to attending our Latte Art course.
Whether you’re looking for an in-house team-building event or want to entertain clients with a day of coffee tasting, we can run corporate coffee training sessions for Perth-based groups of up to 15 people.
We are passionate about coffee and about helping others and so to combine the two, four times a year we offer free barista training to community groups who are involved with teenagers at risk. If you are involved with a group who may benefit from our barista training then please apply using the Community Group Training form.
Specially designed for secondary school students, the course focuses on the skills required to make great coffee either at home or in a hospitality environment.
Students will learn:
- How to operate a coffee machine (barista technique)
- Espresso recipe and the factor that affect espresso flavour
- How, why and when to adjust a coffee grinder
- The defining characters of each drink on the cafe menu
- Steam milk and pour basic milk drinks
- ‘Split’ milk to consistently pour neat foam
- Thoroughly clean the espresso machine and grinder