Training is a fundamental element of any business, and it is crucial in our industry; competition is plentiful and customers are constantly seeking the highest quality in service, food, and most importantly coffee. Consistently great coffee has customers coming back for more, and that’s what we want.
We always welcome the opportunity to discuss all things coffee, whether it is about espresso, filter brewing, coffee machine maintenance or the latest trends in the industry. Call us or get in touch here.
To book one of our in-depth barista training classes, use the button below to view current dates:
We want the coffee that you serve in your cafe to be the very best it possibly can be consistently. We created our purpose built Training Room and Cupping Lab to enable us to teach you the latest and best practices in espresso preparation. Our training is hands-on, practical and recipe based and our trainers have a wealth of hospitality experience to help with work flow, processes and café information.
Leaf Bean Machine feel that it is our job to keep up to date with the constantly changing specialty coffee information and to pass it on to our customers. Whether it is coffee theory, brewing techniques and devices or latte art, we are passionate about all things coffee and here to help you.
Following on from our Barista Basics course, this two hour latte art class will build upon your existing coffee preparation skills, teach you the art of milk texturing and take your latte art to the next level.
Participants will learn:
- Consistent milk texturing technique
- How to achieve perfect micro-foam every time
- Three basic Latte Art designs: heart, rosetta and tulip
- Master pouring techniques that achieve the correct amount of foam in each cup and finish them with a beautiful design
We recommend that students have previously completed our Barista Basics course prior to attending our Latte Art course.
Specially designed for secondary school students, this course focuses on the skills required to make great coffee either at home or in a hospitality environment.
Students will learn:
- How to operate a coffee machine (barista technique)
- Espresso recipe and the factor that affect espresso flavour
- How, why and when to adjust a coffee grinder
- The defining characters of each drink on the cafe menu
- Steam milk and pour basic milk drinks
- ‘Split’ milk to consistently pour neat foam
- Thoroughly clean the espresso machine and grinder
Whether you’re looking for an in-house team-building event or want to entertain clients with a day of coffee tasting, we can run corporate coffee training sessions for Perth-based groups of up to 15 people.
We are passionate about coffee and about helping others and so to combine the two, four times a year we offer free barista training to community groups who are involved with teenagers at risk. If you are involved with a group who may benefit from our barista training then please contact us using the enquiry form here.